[Circle] [NEWBIE] crash in races

From: Nic Suzor (suzor@bluesky.net.au)
Date: 11/05/96

Hi,
I have been trying to add races and classes to bpl11, and restrict access
to classes like this:
in interpreter.c, con_qclass, a switch(GET_CLASS), and then a check to
see if !can_be_mage, and if not, break out and go back to start. however,
a couple of problems:

when i create a new character, i can choose any race, but when i try to
choose any class apart from the stock ones, say ninja, it crashes. i ran
gdb and got the following log:

Wed Nov  6 17:40:50 :: New connection.  Waking up.
Program generated(1): Memory access exception on address 0x0 (protection
failure).
Reading in symbols for limits.c...done.
0x2a4e0 in set_title (ch=0x369e0c, title=0x0) at limits.c:200
limits.c:200: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
Reading in symbols for db.c...done.
Reading in symbols for interpreter.c...done.
Reading in symbols for comm.c...done.
Reading in symbols for crt0.c...done.
#0  0x2a4e0 in set_title (ch=0x369e0c, title=0x0) at limits.c:200
#1  0x22016 in init_char (ch=0x369e0c) at db.c:2279
#2  0x29be4 in nanny (d=0x369678, arg=0xbffffb70 "n") at interpreter.c:1741
#3  0x403d in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:607
#4  0x382e in init_game (port=3) at comm.c:244
#5  0x37c0 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfffff70) at comm.c:214
#6  0x355b in start () at crt0.c:134

now, i was wondering what all this meant, and if anyone could help me
straigten it out. i know that races work, i have added them before, and i
know that i can also add new classes. it only seems to be when i try to
add something that checks for correct races in the classes that it
crashes. its probably something stupid that i have overlooked, but i dont
know... if it is please point it out to me :)

Thanks in advance

Glok