Re: [Circle] [CODE] Level Drops

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 11/06/96

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Nic Suzor wrote:

> im just wondering how you will make a no level system work? i mean, what do
> people fight for if not levels? ive never seen this before, but it seems
> like an interesting idea, and i am curious bout it...

Skills.  I'm using a skill-based system where you learn your skills by using
them, slowly.  When a skill gets up to a certain point (usually 80%) it
branches off to a new skill, and you can then learn that one as well.  I.E.
if you keep casting burning hands, you'll continue to get better at it, and
eventually you'll get flamestrike and then be able to practice (by casting)
that spell... and so on.  Levels are useless in a system like this, being
imortal, or implementor can simply be a flag.

-Sky