Re: [Circle] Adding a POS_ position BEFORE POS_DEAD

From: Jack Wilson (deejay@cu-online.com)
Date: 11/20/96

George wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Jack Wilson wrote:
>
> >You should just represent zombification as an affect.  It
> >overcomplicates things to make zombie-ness an extra position...
> >there are too many ways that add-on code could break such
> >a scheme.  The sitting/standing/etc states were originally
> >designed to represent a continuum of body positions (from
> >"lying on the ground dying" to "standing"), not to represent
> >all aspects of the character's current state.
>
> Much easier.
> PLR_FLAGGED(ch, PLR_ZOMBIE)
> Don't have to fiddle with the parser table.

Er, what do affects have to do with the "parser table"? :)

Anyway, PLR_FLAGGED may or may not be the right way to go, depending
on the mud in question.  Maybe he wants to be able to have mobiles
be zombified as well.  If there's no possibility of mobiles ever being
zombified, then yes, a player flag is the way to go - no reason to waste
bits on *every* mobile for a feature that only gets used with players.
Otherwise, an affect is the way to go...

Very hard to lay down judgements without knowing the setup of the
person's mud, or what he wants to do.  Still, I think POS_ZOMBIE is
definitely a Bad Idea no matter what the situation is.

--
"A rare instance of a solid period, end of story, case-closed moment
 took place in the first presidential debate when Bob Dole croaked his