[Circle] [IDEA REQUEST] Transfer equipment command.

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 11/25/96

Hello there, I have a request for comments (he) for the list...

I want to implement several commands and was wondering if anyone could
help me out on sharing some ideas on how to do so (code and interface
wise).

I wanted to implement a 'snatch' command, that let you, when you saw some
mortal with extraneous equipment, to snatch the equipment from him. For
example, you could put 'snatch thunderbolt Frodo' and you would get the
thuderbolt from Frodo, same thing should work for 'snatch all.potion
Bilbo', I don't know if I am making myself clear here...

I also want to limit areas, I was thinking of making flags for the rooms,
but after a while it seemed ridiculous (I had over 8 flags, having for
example a flag for not letting anyone under 20 and anyone over 40 to
enter) and I was thinking if it would be possible to flag the zone itself
so only a range of levels (implementors aside) could enter it... This
should prevent also things like teleporting or transferring mobs
(transferring PCs should be ok). So what I am looking for is a way to
limit access to entire areas, not just some rooms... So HIgh level PCs
cannot group with very low level ones and make them up many levels at
once...

What else.... Oh yes, what would be the best way to have classes that can
learn both skill and spells? To change the levels array? The spells array?
so if it is a spell or skill were not defined by the class but by the
spell itself?

How should I implement clans? Making it just like the classes? Only
without any kind of affections whatsoever, so you'd be flagged as part of
a clan and just that? How would you implement a clan channel? (actually I
am worried about the clan selection in the channel, so you'd only hear
what your clanmates have to say)

Lastly, has anyone been able to make the battlefield work? I have mine
working, but it won't transfer the players to their supposed fighting
destinations, only to the void...

Oh, yes, some quickies:

1.-How can I check to see if in any of the rent files are items with
specific flags (carried or worn by users)

2.-Anyone experimenting crashes when saving with the tedit editor?

3.-How can I make an object that has an owner and only that owner can load
it/carry it/wear it

4.-How can I make descriptions and flags for objects that are not used in
all the objects with the same number, I mean, having several daggers, but
personalize each to some degree, depending on the owner, or putting it
with flags not common to the object but not changing all similar objects?
Would another external file do the trick? I know it can be done right now,
but it gets lost when the player exits or when the mud reboots...

Thanks in advance for any help/hints/code you can share with me...

Luck

Myth
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet    CIATEQ, A.C.    Internet Service Provider
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/