Re: [Circle] [ADMIN]BASH shell

From: Justin Robinson - Primacy (ruin@wired.uvm.edu)
Date: 11/26/96

> I wonder if anyone has thought of or even done, an ability to code in a
> way of execcing a BASH shell while online the mud?  I am almost tempted
> to say that this would be safer than coding in online editors and the
> like (like oasisOLC).  However, naturally, from a security stand-point
> this is bad.  Any ideas on this one?  or suggestions?

I had thought about this myself...as well as giving each player on
the mud an email address...just use a string in the TO field.  so
that players could send and receive email using mudmail.   I gave up,
or postponed this idea until I could figure out a secure way of doing
this.    I'm not sure it's a good idea at all......I would also be
interested in seeing what everyone else thinnks of this.

Justin - Primacy
Ruin! Mud
ruin.org 4000
www.ruin.org
| Justin Robinson                                               |
| VTel - Springfield Vermont                                    |
| Programmer/Technician/Analyst/Consultant                      |
| Online Resume: http://www.vermontel.com/~jmrobins/resume.html |
|        E-Mail: jmrobins@vermontel.com                         |
|      WWW-Page: http://www.vermontel.com/~jmrobins/            |