[Circle] Eq Loss

From: Brian Guilbault (guil9964@nova.gmi.edu)
Date: 11/27/96

Hi Guys-

I promoise this will be the last time I ask this question on this list,
but I have to ask it again because I only got one response and
unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem.

When my players quit the game, everything works great. All of their gear
gets saved properly, aliases save, everything. However, if we crash, or
if the game is shut down, all of the players in the game lose all of
their equipped gear and their aliases. I have elimintaed what I believe
is every crash bug in my code and crashes are extremely rare, however
it's a pain haveing to make everyone quit so that I can reboot, or if the
server crashes or reboots that can be trouble.

Obviously there is some sort of Crash_save problem or something. What I
am looking for is which function is resposible for doing this, and where
should I be lkooking for problems? I know about Crash_save_all, and some
of the other crash functions, but they get called when a player quits
because they take all !RENT items away, etc. I don't want to do that.
It's also weird that it's only equipped stuff. This one is killing me
here. I can't reimb 20 players every crash, and they certainly don't like
the sound of "play at your own risk".

Any Help is Appreciated,

  -Brian