[CODE] Vehicle question.

From: Fionn Colvin (fcolvin@metz.une.edu.au)
Date: 12/02/96

Hiya all,
         I have just finished adding vehicle to my mud, but now have a
question about expanding their use. My vehicle are represented by an item,
ITEM_VEHICLE, whose value[0] is the room that the player goes to when
he/she boards the vehicle. That room is part of a small zone used by that
vehicle. What i'd like to do is make some generic vehicle, such as a ship,
covered wagon, flying carpet, etc each with their own small zone
representing the inside of the vehicle. Then a player could buy one of
these vehicle. On doing so I would have to make a copy of the generic zone
representing that vehicle and changing the value[0] of that vehicle to the
new room entrance. How easy would it be to make a copy of a zone, with all
its rooms, etc on the fly? I would make it thatthe zone wouldn't have to
set door states, load objs or mobs etc, which would cut down on the
difficulty a bit I think. Any advice on doing this would be greatly
appreciated. :)

Fionn