RE: Tanking Character

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 12/03/96

On Tuesday, December 03, 1996 10:27 AM, Daniel Koepke[SMTP:dkoepke@california.com] wrote:
>On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Brian Guilbault wrote:

< SNIP: Regarding tanking characters again: >

>> Regarding the afk thread. I just have a simple afk toggle which sets a
>> flag in who and tells people telling the char that they are afk and might
>> not get this. The tell still goes through though.
>>
>> If any of you have ever seen Ebon Mists afk, you have seen an impressive
>> command (grats Hades :-) ) You can specify an argument like "afk smoking
>> a ciggarette". Then when someones tells to you, they see "Dante is afk
>> smoking a ciggarette". Then when you come back and type something, you
>> get a list page_string'd to you with all of the messages, who they were
>> from, and what time they came through. Pretty impressive.
>
>Not really.  I did the same thing a long time ago (Nov. 1995 I guess).
>It's actually quite easy. :)

Well as a pure usability addition, with no 'gaming' value; It's nice to
see such a well executed idea. It is impressive in that regard, if not from
a coding difficulty standpoint. (two pointers on each char I presume..
malloced to fit and destroyed when done; which are used when a prf_flag is
toggled, and for reporting purposes. (who, tell-reply))

Hmm. I may just add that.. thanks for the idea. *grin*

--Mallory

-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://mud.polarnet.com 4000 --