Re: [Areas?:)] Mob File

From: Chuck Carson (wcarson@umr.edu)
Date: 12/09/96

At 06:15 PM 12/9/96 -0600, you wrote:
>For some reason some of our mobs aren't loading...The files themselves
>have been gone over again and again looking for the problem,
>unfortunately(sp?) nothing seems to be wrong...
>
>SYSERR: error in zone file: Invalid vnum, cmd disabled
>  9 18:01:50 :: SYSERR: ...offending cmd: 'G' cmd in zone #22, line 63
>  9 18:01:50 :: SYSERR: error in zone file: Invalid vnum, cmd disabled
>  9 18:01:50 :: SYSERR: ...offending cmd: 'M' cmd in zone #112, line 33
>  9 18:01:50 :: SYSERR: error in zone file: Invalid vnum, cmd disabled
>  9 18:01:50 :: SYSERR: ...offending cmd: 'M' cmd in zone #112, line 37
>
>That's what the log says...it seems to be spreading too:)  The max_hps
>have been increased...but I didn't think that'd screwup the mob files...
>So we thought it might be olc...uhm...has this happened to anyone
>before?:)  This is bad cuz it's making a lot of zones useless...Already
>The Shire*gasp* is gone:)  It's taken the halflings! hehe...this is pretty
>serious tho...specially if it keeps up
>	-Alex:)

We really need to see the zone file entries for each of these errors to help.

First try the obvious, make sure the mob #, room # both exist, make sure the
load parameter is either 0 or 1, and the maximum number is present. (not in that
order of course)

For the G command make sure the mob and object exist.

This really could be the only thing wrong if you only recieve these remote three
errors.  (I believe) =)

Good luck,
Chuck