Re: http://www.kuai.se/%7Epanik/archive/fakemail.faq

From: Chuck Carson (wcarson@umr.edu)
Date: 12/10/96

At 12:15 PM 12/10/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Reply to:bambenek@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu
>
>Food for though, Eduardo.  And anyone else that thinks I don't know jack
>about what I have been doing for the past 2 years.
>

>> I just through the following together. Anyone have any suggestions/comments?
>>
>> T H E  "F A K E  M A I L"  F A Q
>> Version 0.2 950309
>> Written by Rourke McNamara
>> (rourkem@pobox.com)

[annoying buzzer like the Price is Right]

try again.

1) DO NOT waste anyones time and post this ludicrous spamage again.

2) This FAQ is _light years_ behind current software engineering. EVERY
piece of data transferred via any form of network (ie: the internet) is
broken into packets and these packets contain two addresses. Where it is
going and where it is from. This is much deeper than netscape mail or any
other mail program deals with. If you wanted to alter the packet addresses
you would have to be on a backbone reuter, such as sprintnet machines.
(yea you can alter it from your machine or server, but the backbone machines
append it's stamp to each packet)

As a former sprint employee, it is next to impossible to gain access to these
machines. If you doubt any of this (I really don't care anyway, I hardly value
anyone's opinion I don't have proven credentials for) I can give you email
add's of several doctors that work for sprint and they will glady explain
internet
security to you.

End this thread, or move it to alt.humor or something like that.