Re: [CODE]room saving without house

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/14/96

On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Peter Hartman wrote:
>
> > How can i make a room save without making house?
> > A house requires an atrium and a guest list.
> > I've messed with house.c though not extensively.  If anyone has info for
> > me I'd be much obliged.
>
> Well, I made this using the existing routines and hacked them a little.
> This goes off the top of my head.
>
> In config.c I added a list, like
> sh_int saved_rooms = {
>   3001,
>   5620,
>   -1
> };

You mean...

  sh_int saved_rooms[] = {

Doesn't work the otherway around. <cough>

> Then I made a save_saved_rooms() routine in the house one, copying the one
> that saves the normal house-rooms. As far as I remember one of the house
> rountines takes a room number as a save argument, if not you should just
> be able to hack a similar one yourself. Then just run this list of
> saved_rooms through it, untill the room-number is -1.
> Then you can make a similar routine, thats called along with the house

How about a new room flag, ROOM_SAVE.  Then we have a routine to go
through the list of rooms and any flagged with ROOM_SAVE we save out.
Or we create a linked list of rooms that are ROOM_SAVE upon boot.
Either way you get the capability without the trouble of an index or
coding.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com