Re: [Admin] Circle distribution with OLC

From: Sammy (Samedi@cris.com)
Date: 12/17/96

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996, Mike Prior wrote:

- Has anyone got a stock copy of circle with just a completely funtional and
- bug free copy of OLC (either OBuild or Oasis) on it?  My coding skills are
- not good enough that I could fix all the bugs on the OLC's.

Bugfree olc?  Excuse me while I giggle :)

The most current un-official obuild is MUCH more stable and bug-free than
it used to be.  If you want to try it out on stock circle, it's easy.

1) Unzip and untar stock circle 3.0 bpl 11
2) Unzip and untar obuild.06.tar.gz in your circle src directory
3) Get ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/samedi/act.build.c and put it in the src
   directory
4) Paste new_help from the src directory into /lib/text/help/wizhelp.hlp,
   starting right before the last # 1 line from the end of the file.
5) Run the circle "configure", then "make"
6) Read README, and the stock circle building.doc

It's not as easy to use as oasis, but I think it's more stable at the
moment.  More improvements are on the way....sometime.

Sam