Re: [Newbie] [Spells]

From: Alvoria MUD (mudguy@conan.ids.net)
Date: 12/17/96

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Jason Benzin wrote:
>   I have it so the mud recognizes that I have a new spell.  I can cast it,
> and deal out damage.  I was wondering what I need to do to get text
> to output to the room saying, ie  "The ball of ice hits the orc in the
> chest!" and how to get the extra spell code in spell.c to be activated when
> the spell is cast.  Where are all the files and places I should take
> care to edit?

If you getting a message like...

You hit <target> with your !UNUSED .

Then get the spell number of the spell from spells.h, then go into your
lib/misc/messages file and add the appropriate message you want. Look at
the other damage messages in that file for examples.. :)

Alvoria MUD -- "AAah! My keyboard's bloody..." 'No, that's grape juice...'
  Address   -- telnet://conan.ids.net:4000/
  Homepage  -- http://users.ids.net/~mudguy/
  Host Site -- http://www.ids.net/