Note on new_prompt.diff.README (not important)

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/18/96

For those of you planning on using my interpret_colors() function for
doing inline colors, the instructions for doing so in the README are
wrong.  Thanks to vexation (jason.waler@gconnect.com) for pointing
this out.

The proper SEND_TO_Q replacement macro should be:

  #define SEND_TO_Q(txt, d)	\
    write_to_output(interpret_colors(txt, ((d)->character && \
      PRF_FLAGGED((d)->character, PRF_COLOR_2) ? TRUE : FALSE)), d)

The fixes/alterations are as follows:
  1. Encapsulated the 'd' variable in paranetheses as a 'just in
     case' measure.

  2. Changed it so that players whom have color at SPARSE won't get
     sent inline colors (but NRM and CMP get them).

  3. Fixed it so you can compile.  I accidentally had a semi-colon
     at the end.  Causing a double semi-colon when SEND_TO_Q() was
     called.  This didn't cause any problems until interpreter.c when
     SEND_TO_Q() was in an if/else block.  The double semi-colon
     caused an error there and stopped the compilation.  Simply
     removing the semi-colon from the macro will fix it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, it appears I missed a few bugs in the
mount patch and new prompt patch.  Other than that, I really haven't
gotten any bug reports...  Don't hold back, I'm sure there's more
than two bugs in all of the patches (as a group)...

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com