Re: [code] [desperate] PLEASE HELP! (Again)

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/20/96

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Pheonix wrote:

> I forgot to back up my mud and if I can't get it to work my whole mud is
> lost.

I fail to see how your MUD is lost.  Patches can be reversed and
you can also go about and manually strip out any code that relates
to the trains.  If it was a patch, the patch program should have
made a bunch of .orig files that contain the unaltered versions of
the files, too.

But before you do that, you should check that the header file is
stripped of all "#include <xxx.h>" lines and that "conf.h" and
"sysdep.h" are included (eg., #include "conf.h").  Also, if there's
any readme files that you haven't read, yet, read them and check
for any instructions that you might have missed.

> P/S In the makefile should trains.o have any .h files?

That just states dependencies.  It should have any .h files that
are included (the ones with quotation marks, anyways), that way
the code will be recompiled when those headers change.  This is
required to prevent odd affects (eg., if you changed something
like NUM_CLASSES to 6 and just changed and recompiled class.c, all
the other functions, etc. would still recognize NUM_CLASSES as 4).

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com