CODE help needed please.

From: Michael J. McGillick (mike@dungeon.tiac.net)
Date: 12/20/96

I would like some help with getting around one of the limits in the Circle
MUD code.  I'm running CircleMUD 3.0 patchlevel 11.  I would like to have
more than 32 classes and races combined.  In fact, I already have more
than 32 classes.

the problem that I'm running into is in structs.h and shop.h.  My defines
for ITEM_ANTI_XXXX have gotten up to shifting (1 << 56).  Obviously I'm
get compiler warnings that everything after the 31st shift is out of range
for the variable.  Has anyone come up with an effective solution around
this?  If you have, please let me know what you had to do to fix this.  I
would like to post a patch, but I don't have any idea where to begin.  I'm
not a novice C programmer, however, I'm far from being considered a guru
either.  Please help.