RE: [Ansi] Greeting

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 12/25/96

On Tuesday, December 24, 1996 1:21 PM, Corey Hoitsma wrote:
>Hello all:)
>
>Can anyone tell me how they would display an ansi art for the
>greeting of a mud? I know it must be pretty simple, but
>I can't think of how I'd do it. Thanks!

If you have a DOS capable machine, there is a shareware program called THEDRAW.
It is absolutely the best ANSI screen oriented editor I've seen. It can also do ANSI
animation.. Kind of fun, if you don't have too fast of a connection.. Wow.. finally
something a slow connection is better at *grin*

>From a coding perspective, to send an ANSI greeting you have to either sense the
ANSI capability on the player's term.. or ask first.  Then it's as simple as displaying
one or the other file depending on the answer/result.

BTW The editor can be found as TDRAWxxx.zip. The version I have is TDRAW461.ZIP.

      --Mallory

      BTW Has anyone implemented the 'check for ansi' in Circle? I had it on a BBS I ran years
     ago, but I didn't keep the source.. And as far as doing it myself.. well it'll be at least a year
     before I can get to those kind of bells and whistles *wistful sigh*

-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://204.119.24.14:4000