Re: [code][books]

From: Chuck Carson (wcarson@umr.edu)
Date: 12/27/96

At 01:43 PM 12/27/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I am looking for the best coding book that will help me learn codes etc...
>
>I brought C++ for Dummy's
>
>is this a good book if not what is>>>
>
>please help the newbie
>
>thanks
>

>The Raven

Throw that book away now.

If you are wanting to use this book to code circle, I suggest
a C book, not a C++ book. That is because I found the greatest
book I have yet to come accross and it is strictly C. I am
not at home at the moment so I will mail you the book name later,
but for C++ the best book I have seen is by Deitel & Deitel,
C++ How to Program. (several Universities use this is their
first semester C++ book) O'Reilly's book, Practical C++ programming
is a decent book as well.

Stay away from Unleashed and Que books (for programming languages anyway)

Hope this helps,

LB