Re: [Code] [Newbie?]

From: Hydragon (doogie@amnesiac.NMSU.Edu)
Date: 01/05/97

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Brian Michael Langenfeld wrote:

>    I've been trying for a while now to create an object that
> automatically renders its owner invisible when worn.  The way to do this,
> I think, would be to write a spec_proc for that object.  I've been trying
> various things with affected_by and affected_by_spell, but I just can't
> seem to make it work.  Could someone please point me in the right
> direction (or better, show me how to do this)?  Thanks in advance!
>
> Brian

  There is a snippet somewhere to allow for spells affects to be put
onto objects.  I can not remember exactly where I picked it up, its
most likely either on the snippets web page at queensu or on the
CircleMUD ftp site at CircleMUD.org
  Its fairly simplistic to put in, however, I had to add another
part to my .obj files to allow for the object bitvectors then had
to go round and round to make it work with OasisOLC, but nonetheless
its a lot easier than a lot of things i've done and seen done.

                                     Hydragon