[Newbie] [Code] duplicate mortals appearing out of nowhere

From: ClockWork (vankim@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: 01/05/97

Hi,
I just encountered a really strange bug on my mud which I don't
understand why it's happening.  For some reason, some of my mortals log
on after being linkless and end up being a level 1 but with all the eq.
The linkless character would stand right in front of them.  I am a newbie
coder and since this is really distracting the players I'd like to get
the problem fixed soon.  So far, the latest feature which I've added are
races.  It all started when I added in this feature.  The races document
which I used comes from the circle ftp site.

Thanks,

Jon