RE: <cOdE> stat and affects

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 01/08/97

On Wednesday, January 08, 1997 5:12 PM, Corey Hoitsma wrote:
>Hehe, sorry if i'm asking a lot of questions, just trying to smooth
>out some of the stuff I've added:P And thanks for the replies on the
>previous two!
>
>I was wonder, how do you show the affects an obj is doing to a player?
>If I have an obj affect of AFF_INFRAVISION and wear that obj, and then
>stat myself, it doesn't show. How would I make it so that it would?

It doesn't? Hmm. Mine does.. and I don't remember adding it.. though I suppose I could have at
2am one morning.. Try giving an object an Invisible flag or something. Does that work?

>Also, I wanna check the objs to see what my natural stats are, and then
>what it is with the obj that I am wearing.. like:
>
>Strength:	15 (18)
>
>Where 15 is my natural str, and 18 is with spells/objs that affect str.

If you look in structs.h you will find that a player has real and affected abils (real_abils and aff_abils)

so, you can use

(ch)->aff_abils.dex
(ch)->real_abils.dex

for example...