Re: MC: GetHostByAddr() vs. Slowns

From: pjh (wart@trilidun.kuntrynet.com)
Date: 01/13/97

I wouldn't understand why only a single service is hosing the system, but
I found DNS & BIND by O'Reilly & Associates to be a most excellent book.
Not only does it cover setup, installation, and registration, it also has
programming specs, source code, and troubleshooting tips.  You might want
to check your serial# on all your database files and make sure for kicks
they are incremented by one.  That is usually what causes weird situations
like this.

wart

hartman@kuntrynet.com
wart@trilidun.kuntrynet.com
http://trilidun.kuntrynet.com
Eudaemonia Mud: mud.kuntrynet.com Port 4000