[IDEA] Implementing RFCs

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/13/97

Yesterday I was working on implementing the "naws" and "ttype" via
the RFCs.  Now, the problem being is that we have to communicate and
receive telnet codes as well as send them.

While I'm not quite finished, what I have done so far is to add
a telnet code state.  When we receive the IAC code we set the telnet
state to IAC.  Whenever we get internet codes we pass it to the
parser.  These codes are parsed in the telnet parser, which changes
the codes.  This permits me to establish connections, so that I
can confirm that the server can request terminal types.  Then we
can also receive the actual terminal types.

Thoughts, ideas?

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com