RE: Shelling?

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 01/16/97

On Thursday, January 16, 1997 6:52 PM, Dave wrote:
>Do you need to add code to shell out of circle or is it built in there
>somewhere?

Ack! I can see many arguments against allowed that behavior from within circle.

Although if you wrote it yourself, you would at least know what security problems you
were opening (to an extent) and be able to find ways to minimize the risk.

One useful addition is something like I could see a fake shell, however, giving people access to a predetermined set of files.. maybe use something like the tfiles editor that is on the snippet page and
a suitable internal editor, though the concept could be continued by faking the ls and cd commands
and displaying the correct files.

My thoughts.. for what they are worth.

--Mallory
-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://204.119.24.14:4000