Re: Hopefully last addition to clan code

From: Ray (ruppertr@SNYCORVA.CORTLAND.EDU)
Date: 01/23/97

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Derek L. Karnes wrote:
> Ron Hensley wrote:
> > Once you know for certain that what you are posting is bug free and not
> > going to crash peoples muds due to typos from hastilly posting parts of
> > the code, then post the whole thing as a zip file to the FTP site.
> >
> > Just a suggestion to keep down the problems people may encounter
>
> Hrmm, I sort of disagree.. I would say this is a great place to post buggy
> code. That's one of the main purposes of this list.
> -D

Well, yes, but before you post code that you claim is a fix for a
problem, it's a good idea to give it the once-over to be sure it works,
is the point the original poster was trying to make, I think.  Sure,
posting buggy code and asking for help is, indeed, one of the main points
of the list, but that's a different thing. :)  The code in question
wasn't posted asking for help, but as an example of how to fix a problem,
which is a whole different sack of potatoes.

By the way, I never even looked at the code that was posted, as it didn't
interest me, so it might even be fine and bug-free.  *shrug*

Wondering if he really should have posted this,
	Or just kept his mouth shut and waited for the other replies,
								Ray