Re: Hopefully last addition to clan code

From: Mehdi Keddache (kam@shallot.salad.mssm.edu)
Date: 01/23/97

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Ron Hensley wrote:

> Definatly nice of you to share code like that. But with all those
> messages, missing parts , fixes etc, i might suggest you get together
> exactly what code is needed, whats not, test you theories on virgin stock
> code.
>
> Once you know for certain that what you are posting is bug free and not
> going to crash peoples muds due to typos from hastilly posting parts of
> the code, then post the whole thing as a zip file to the FTP site.
>
> Just a suggestion to keep down the problems people may encounter
>
>     *******************************************************************
>     *   Ron Hensley                     ron@dmv.com                   *
>     *   Systems Administrator           http://www.dmv.com/~ron       *
>     *                                   PGP Key at WWW Page           *
>     *   DelMarVa OnLine                 749-7898 Ext. 403             *
>     *******************************************************************

Originally Blackwind asked if there was some clan code available and
my idea was to make mine available to him as quickly as possible.
Then other people turned out to be interested and of course I wasn't ready
to release a code that was suitable for an ftp site or patches to the
stock. this would have taken me too much time to prepare and test.

Last I heard someone made it run on his machine so i guess it is
possible to compile it now, which is step one :)

clan spells and clan war are not ready, there are 2 levels of clan who
1- clan who lists the clans that have formed
2- clan who <clan name> gives details on the named clan

If someone has a fix for clan description to save i'd love to have it :)

Mehdi Keddache (Heritsun on Eclipse of Fate eclipse.argy.com 7777)