Re: Colour Question

From: Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 02/02/97

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, DJ Pure wrote:

> How can I make it so that everyone under LVL_IMORT or whatever CANNOT add
> colour to anything they say,
> emote, shout, etc etc. Currently, ANY 'communication text' can be coloured.

Well, I just saw someone else sugesting to kame a check if the person the
utput is sent to is > LVL_SOMETHING. This will not work, since that would
mean that only chars > LVL_SOMETHING will see any color at all, no matter
at what level the color was added (making sense.. ?).

This means that you can not check for the required level at the time of
output. Because how will you know who made the output colored (if thats
the case) at that time ? (You don't :)

Therefore you need to add some sort of 'check' at the routines you want to
control the color output on. Lets say you want to check on the commands
gossip and say.

My proposition to you would be to 'hack' the proc color to an extent where
you instead of checking the person's color level(s), you check the level,
and acordingly to that either accept the string sent, or remove all the
colorcodes from if if the character isn't > LVL_SOMETHING (You can see how
to do what by hacking up the proc_color procedure and see how the
'skipping' of colors is done on people with sparse/no colors selected is
done..

Hope this helps :)
Con.

d.
--
     Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94      WWW: http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab
     Student instructor         MUD: exiled.mud.circlemud.org 5000