Re: [gdb] crash

From: Walter Goodwin (jgoodwin@expert.cc.purdue.edu)
Date: 02/16/97

> I'll try porting it to UNIX again and giving it another go... but it works
> perfectly on my test win95 server here at home. It's when i copy the exact
> same files over to the mud on a red hat linuxy thingy that it crashes ...
> is it possible that the code isn't portable when it compiles perfectly on
> both machines, with ALL the code (even from all the other files) is
> identical ?? There is no complex code in it... only arrays.

Heh, _someone_ shoulda picked up on this.   I'm assuming you just
copied the files over, however, windows/dos puts those nice ^M`s
at the end of every line (well, carriage return technically)  You
should check the files and look for errant ^M's  I once had a single
^M at the beginning of a file that caused 3-4 pages of errors.

BTW, Note to Alex, is it possible to swwitch the Reply To: back to
the person who mailed the message to the list?  I have no idea how
to mail the person only with my mail reader (yeah I know, thats my
problem, but I'm sure a few of the private conversations going on
over the list would cease :)