Re: [Off Topic] My Ideas

From: Brian Williams - Nashak (bmw@efn.org)
Date: 02/18/97

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, claywar wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, AxL wrote:
>
> > 	Ugh.  Probably off-topic, but it could apply to anyone who has
> > coded specific DnD things like that.  I used to be a regular on the
> > rec.games.frp.dnd a few years back, and at the time TSR went postal
> > trying to shutdown all the FTP sites that contained ANY reference to it's
> > products....even the works that were done by regular people and were
> > completely original, but could be used in a DnD setting.
> > 	I wouldn't be suprised if they went after the mud scene next.
>
> They may, though I don't believe they'd be too successful.  An FTP someone
> can search fairly easily, but with MUDs they'd have to actually take time
> to explore each area looking for any mob/item/area that resembled some t$r
> related work, and frankly I don't think they'd be willing to waste too
> much time doing that.
>
> cw! (another .02)
I'm pretty sure they'd never mess around trying to shut down MUDs...
I myself know about 5 people who work for TSR, and each last one of them
play Toril MUD.. <an AD&D diku..> and they enjoy it.. but they don't
plan on shutting it down, so I'm pretty sure as long as you
don't do something stupid like.. make a drow elf named Tiamat
or something.. and you have it all in character, they won't mind..
this is ONLY AN OPINION, so don't go quoting me if you get in trouble

       / /XXXXXXX\ \    / ////// /
    / //////  \\\\\\\  ////// /    Brian Williams
   / ////// /\ \\\\\XXX///// /    bmw@efn.org