Re: [Code] (files)

From: Jörgen (di4sig@connery.cse.hks.se)
Date: 02/19/97

I'm just wondering what this map is for..
I mean, it takes a big 'byte' out of your main memory.
for instance, char a[1000][1000] is roughly 1 Mb of memory. int a[1000][1000] is roughly 4 Mb of data.
What is it that you are trying to do? I mean, there must be a better way to describe whatever data you are
trying to describe. 1 - 4 Mb of ram is alot, (well not that much). I bet you can utilize your memory
a lot better.

Need any help? Feel free to ask..

// Jorgen aka Zigg