Re: [RFC] FAQs, Discussion, etc

From: Angus A. Mezick (dodger@WPI.EDU)
Date: 02/20/97

> Why not just send it attached to the 'accepted to list' message?  This
> would give it directly to new subscribers rather than pointing them to a
> web site, although it wouldn't help current subscribers...just my $0.02.

>> So, who is for a weekly send-out of the FAQ again?  Heh.  Or maybe
>> we should just send it to everyone who obviously hasn't read it.
>> Comments?  I'm all for it myself.

I thought it was sent out when you subscribe, the probelm is, people don't
read it...  The obvious solution is:
When someone asks for something that is in the FAQ and doesn't state that
they already looked in the faq and are still confused, everyone email them
the part of the faq that concerns their question, including the line "FROM
THE FAQ!"

DON'T EMAIL THIS TO THE WHOLE LIST!!!!

It might even shut the up quick....