Re: [RFC] FAQs, Discussion, etc

From: Mehdi Keddache (mk454@columbia.edu)
Date: 02/20/97

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Alex wrote:

> > Unmoderated or not, something needs to be done about how many
> > times it's been necessary to say, "Read the faq".
> So, who is for a weekly send-out of the FAQ again?  Heh.  Or maybe
> we should just send it to everyone who obviously hasn't read it.
> Comments?  I'm all for it myself.

What about sending only the questions answered in FAQ, this way newbies
can go through the list and check if there is something that might help
them and if so go get the answer in the complete file.

Now my two cents to this is that it is very easy to install a MUD on a
machine even if you have no clue about coding (thanks to JE's wonderful
explainations) , so more and more newbie
coders are to be expected (especially since circle for windows came out).
And in all logic more and more newbie questions. Since it is easier to
just go ask the list then read through the FAQ, newbie questions will
always be.

Mehdi aka Heritsun
who really admires the patience of those who still answer newbie coder
questions :)