Re: [Code] Proficiency

From: Ray (ruppertr@SNYCORVA.CORTLAND.EDU)
Date: 02/21/97

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Brian Michael Langenfeld wrote:

>    1)  The proficiency 'blindfighting' is supposed to negate the effects
> of AFF_BLIND.. but only during combat.  I seem to be having trouble
> finding where to put the checks in fight.c to affect hitroll and AC
> accordingly.

I'd advise putting them in hit() in fight.c, but instead of actually
affecting the statistics of the person fighting, just affect the things
in combat that these statistics affect.  Hmm.  That wasn't all that
clear.  Let me explain further :

after the line in hit() that says

calc_thaco -= (int) ((GET_WIS(ch) - 13) / 1.5);

put
> if ((PROF_FLAGGED(ch, PROF_BLINDFIGHT)) && (IS_AFFECTED(ch, AFF_BLIND)))
 {
  calc_thaco -= 4;
 }

after the line in hit() that says

 victim_ac += dex_app[GET_DEX(victim)].defensive;

put
if ((PROF_FLAGGED(victim, PROF_BLINDFIGHT)) && (IS_AFFECTED(victim,AFF_BLIND)))
 {
  victim_ac -= 4;  // (40 / 10)
 }

This way, the change for the skill only happens when it _needs_ to
happen.  Putting it at the beginning of combat/end of combat might cause
wierd things to happen when someone is teleported out of combat, when
their blindness runs out during combat, etc.  *shrug*  This seems to be a
better way.

--Ray