Re: [IDEA] levelless mud

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/23/97

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, claywar wrote:

> > Your genre is role-playing. In order to have role-playing, you need to
> > give a player a role to play. If you have an unthemed world, then their
> > is no role to take on.
> >
> Aargh!  What is the point in taking on a predetermined role?!  Think of
> this world (earth).  Is there a theme to it?  No, yet everyone has a role
> and contributes to what we call 'society.'

I didn't say a predetermined role, I said a role that exists within
the world. I don't mean theme as in "go kill the dragon", that's a
plot dear boy, theme is the general essence of the world. My theme is
one which has the world facing political struggles with the Caer
Domain and which Brin Do'Toman, Archmage and architect behind Mana
Han'Tai has died unexpectantly (and the morning darkened for 3 hours
with his passing). In which evil is beginning to take grip of the
world, and nearly everyone is ignorant to this fact, thinking it just
political struggle, nothing new. That's my theme. What the player
does inside the world I have setup is up to him.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com