Re: [Info] [olc]

From: Sammy (samedi@dhc.net)
Date: 02/25/97

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, JTRhone wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Shapeshifter wrote:
> >         Surprised that someone has not created an OLC for spells and
> > skills yet. They seem to have one for almost everything these days...
>
> Don't assume it hasn't been done if it's not on the snippets page...
> *evil grin*  I've had a completely OLCable class for some time now, as far
> as spells go.  Damage/battle spells as well as affectual spells can be
> created on the fly...
>
> BTW, I think Sam mentioned something about having a dynamic spell type
> which loads off a file on bootup.  Bingo :)  Once it's on file in some
> format, making it OLCable is just the next step.

Yup yup :)  THe reason I made it file-based was so I could throw some olc
in.  I'm trying to make it very flexible so there will be as much variety
in spells as possible.  It'll still require quite a bit of code for
handling lots of different types of affects (such as obj affects, room
affects, zone and world affects, etc), but that's more typing than
thinking anyway :)

Sam