Re: [CODE][QUESTION] Immortals....

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/27/97

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 egibbons@dpg.devry.edu wrote:

> > > I have heard of a few MUDS using an immortal system like in the
> > > Highlander movies. How was this implemented? Thanks.
> >
> > With code...
> Ohh yeah this list is getting far.

Look, I'm saying is that it wasn't a very good question. It wasn't
specific and seemed overall like a beg for code. Now, if you know
how to code and you know some of what the demi-immortals from
Highlander the movies (1 & 3, negating part 2 which should never've
been made) and the series (negating the cartoon, as that shouldn't
have been made, either), then it shouldn't be difficult. If you can't
code, then you should be reading a C book.

The Highlander immortal system is *specific*, so there's no ideas
to discuss. Player kills immortal, player beheads immortal, player
gets immortal's "power", player advances with more heads taken and
gets stronger, player gets his head taken, player has to make a new
character.

Now, if you want to ask a specific question, feel free to do so.
Otherwise, go away.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com