Rolling Stats

From: Michael J. McGillick (mike@DUNGEON-MASTER.COM)
Date: 07/09/97

Hello All:

Has anyone sucessfully set up allowing a character to select from a set
of ability scores when they first create a new character?

What I want to do is this:

  1) STR 13 INT 16 WIS 15 DEX 12 CON 17 CHA 9
  2) STR 16 INT 12 WIS 16 DEX 11 CON 15 CHA 3
                        .
                        .
                        .
 10) STR ...

Then the user can select, say, 3, and that set of scores becomes his
ability scores.  I did already download the reroll.txt on the snippets
site, and this seems to work just fine.  Only problem is, it rolls just
one set of scores.  I've tried to set it up to roll more, but I've been
getting all kinds of strange numbers in my results.

If someone has a small piece of code I can look at, or can point me in
the right direction, I would really appreciate it :)

- Mike