Closing sockets

From: Ron Cole (roncole@SHORE.INTERCOM.NET)
Date: 07/10/97

I found the following in our older version of Circle, it's in comm.c,
close_socket:

>  /*
>   * kill off all sockets connected to the same player as the one who is
>   * trying to quit.  Helps to maintain sanity as well as prevent duping.
>  */
>  if (target_idnum >= 0) {
>    for (temp = descriptor_list; temp; temp = next_d) {
>      next_d = temp->next;
>      if (temp->character && GET_IDNUM(temp->character) == target_idnum)
>        close_socket(temp);
>    }
>  }

It's causing some problems, and I see that it's not in the current version of
Circle.  Was it ever there?  Was it removed, and if so, was it moved somewhere
else?  Or, was this added by someone before I got there?

Thanks, Ron