Re: [CODE] info

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 07/13/97

On Saturday, July 12, 1997 10:47 PM, Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer
[SMTP:doomer@BAYOU.COM] wrote:
> heh, I just wrote a Mud to System pager.
>
> It took me awhile to get it working right, with the
> fact that you can't  WRITE from a mud (no tty)
> so i had to copy the paging info (write it?)
> into a file (using echo mind ya) and then
> system("cat filename > /dev/ttyxx");
>
> heh... took me awhile, and i doubt this would work on Win32 systems,
> although it could be setup to do so.

<snip>

> if they have a Windows Port??

Hmm. By pager I assume you want a audible prompt with a text
message to show up on the console?

If so, a pipe could be created to talk to another process which
would do it. The reason for using another process, is to not
clutter up the mud with the windows event shell and api
declares.

Once you did that it would be a simple matter to ring the bell and
pop up a message box..

--Mallory

"Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about
shrapnel addressed to 'occupant.'" --Murphy