Re: how to make lag again

From: Justin (c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: 07/13/97

> On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, MysticRealms RPG wrote:
>
> > I have asked how to make a lag properly before. And I got the answer that
> > I have to use stuff like PULSE and WAIT_STATE. I tried them and they did
> > produce a lag. But the problem is the lag seems like for the whole mud, I
> > mean the whold mud stopped working for everyone logged on. And it almost
> > seems like crashed :( Can someone tell me how to make it work properly and
> > smoothly? I do appreciate an example. :) thanx
> >
> > pai

Not to be picky, but I remember the first time you asked about this.
Language, IMVeryImmenslyHO, seemed to be your problem.  You were asking
about inducing lag and everyone was like "What in the world would you want
to do that for?!"  What you want is a delay--not a lag.  Lag's just the
slowing down of the communication and processes affecting the game.  What
you were aiming at was delaying a character's next command after executing
another.  Am I right?  Anyways, just thought I'd let you know if noone
else had.
Btw, PULSE and WAIT_STATE is the right path, just gotta put it in in the
right places.

Salvatore