Re: Players IP Addresses

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 07/17/97

On 7/17/97 11:07 AM, <Pure Krome> (pure@SPRINT.COM.AU) stated:

>G'Day All.
>    one of my players has an IP address of aurora.cc.monash.com.au.
>Now, a mate of his logged on with the same IP address. Is there ANY
>way of determining that they are different people?
>It will happen for most universities (the only example i can think of
>right now).

Australia is big in having multiple people from the same IPs... as David
Klasinc said, you have to watch them carefully.  On my MUD, when someone
dies, it is broadcast, along with the location and killer (if any).  I
see them killing each other all the time, chatting, etc.  Most of them
are even right near each other in RL, and tend to go about MUDs in
groups.  IMHO, Australis is cool in that way :-)

- Chris Jacobson