Re: [newbie] mob's current room

lsdinc@ELKNET.NET
Date: 07/18/97

At 08:21 PM 7/18/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> From: lsdinc@ELKNET.NET
>> To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
>> Subject: [newbie] mob's current room
>> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 7:58 PM
>>
>> how do i go about finding a specific mob's current room?
>>
>> i have looked all over looking for an example and don't even know where
>> find this.
>----------
>Well, 2 ways really.... depending on what you already have.
>  1) If you have a pointer to it already.
>         ch->in_room  (or vict->in_room, whatever)
>  2) If you have it's name in a string
>         struct char_data *mob = get_char_room_vis(ch, name);
>(get_char_vis() will return anywhere in world)
>         where ch is the person looking for the mob, and name is the name
>of the mob, eg. "guard"
>         I think thats how it works, just search for get_char_room_vis and
>I'm sure you'll find lots of examples.

ok, just one last question... how could i use that with char_to_room?

what i want to do is send the character to the same room as the mob.

PA
"Taste.  You cannot buy such a rare and wonderful thing.  You can't send
away for it in a catalogue, and I'm afraid it's becoming obsolete."

                                        -Rosalind Russell-
                                           (1911-1976)