Re: [HELP]KEEPING CIRCLE MUD UP

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 07/19/97

At 03:05 PM 7/19/97 -0600, you wrote:
>        I'm useing an Irix Unix System and am haveing problems keeping my
>circle mud up I've used the nohup ./autorun & and it will stay up for 15
>mins after I logout the it'll crash....  Anyone got any ideas on other
>commands I could use?

  try going into the bash shell and running then exiting out of bash,
and then exiting out of your other shell, it should work then.
no matter if you run bash or not, go into another shell and type it from
there.

Login:
Password:

welcome

mud:$ bash
bash$ ./autorun &
some msg about autorun started
bash$ exit
exit
mud:$ exit
logout
Connection Close by Remote Host!

that should work, if not, i have no other ideas.
good luck, and Code On

Akuma the Raging Coder
  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |