Re: Re[2]: Porting Circle

From: Nicholas S. Wourms (prospero@CAROL.NET)
Date: 07/26/97

>> >  5) Binary compatibility -- the same NLM will run on all
>> >  Netware servers.
>> What about... 3.11 (Ok, really obsolete) 3.12, 4.01 4.1? Since you're
>> talking about NDS I assume that you'll be porting on 4.x :)
>>
>In theory the mud would run on  3.12. The core functions are all the
>same. There may well be CLIB problems on 3.xx though. Netware
>.11 would be my target platform.. anything else I would consider a
>plus, but not a design goal.
This might sound stupid, but if it did run on a netware bindery
server(3.12), would it becompatible with the netware bindery server
emulator for linux?  I've just started to scrape the Netware iceberg, so I
don't know the nitty details yet.  But the idea is absoulutely wonderful.
I seriously doubt that netware will be outdated, it sure as hell rocks
windows nt server anyday!