Re: [ Code ] My previous post...

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/31/97

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Sammy wrote:

>If you replace all the free's with FREE's (something I'll probably do), it
>may save a lot of code, depending on whether your compiler notices that it
>doesn't really need a loop there.

I've done that to track memory allocations.  FREE is a macro that reports
how much memory is freed and CREATE also tells how much is allocated.
Doesn't work on strings though because I do sizeof and not strlen which
wouldn't work for integers. (I'd really like a typeof operator)

sed 's/free\(/FREE\(/g' (for example)

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard