Re: [NEWBIE (I think)] Hometowns, and Savepoints.

From: Crimson Wizard (cwizard@GIBLETS.COM)
Date: 07/31/97

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Simba wrote:

>         Been away from the list, my e-mail changed. :) Well, here it is:
>
> Well, I want to make it so that when a character saves, then comes back, it
> restarts them in the room they saved at. I know, this is MercISH but that
> menu seems... well, tacky to me. It's also a pain. I also like how in Mercs
> you can recall to the temple that you've chosen. How would I go about this?
> I noticed there are hometowns, would it be possible to modify these, or is
> it easier simply to create knew code? Anyone have any ideas how this could
> be accomplished?
>
> Thanks,

2 ways (theoritcal)

1: if you are using binary pfiles, just set the players loadroom to
whatever room they are in when they save... look at the "set" command
(set char loadroom ##)

2: if you are using ascii pfiles, just write it out to the file.. the
field is already there... set it.

--
#!/bin/sh
whois yea.com|grep YEA2|awk '{print $1}'