Re: (2*) Ready

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 07/31/97

On Thursday, July 31, 1997 2:20 PM, Chris Jacobson [SMTP:fear@ATHENET.NET]
wrote:
> On 7/31/97 9:37 PM, George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU) stated:
>
> >http://dragon.ham.muohio.edu/~greerga/Circle/double.patch
> >or
> >http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/double.patch
> >
> >I added a maximum value to prevent a run away conversion.  After (99*) it
> >will output any duplicate lines without combining.  This is configurable
> >any arbitrary desired value.
>
> "snprintf" is used, but not defined anywhere... it also looks very
> unfamiliar to me, so it is not a "sprintf" mistyped...

I posted on just this very topic a couple weeks back :-)

int _snprintf( char *buffer, size_t count, const char *format [, argument]
... );

_snprintf returns the number of bytes stored in buffer, not counting the
terminating null character. If the number of bytes required to store the data
exceeds count, then count bytes of data are stored in buffer and a negative
value is returned. _snwprintf returns the number of wide characters stored in
buffer, not counting the terminating null wide character. If the storage
required to store the data exceeds count wide characters, then count wide
characters are stored in buffer and a negative value is returned.

--Mallory

"Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about
shrapnel addressed to 'occupant.'" --Murphy