[CODE QUESTION] Help for a 'throw' skill.

From: Stephen Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 08/01/97

        Greetings all.

        I have a question regarding a skill I would like to put in for
thieves (thieves on my MUD are the worse class). Anyways, it will allow
the player if he is holding an ITEM_THROW weapon, to throw it during
battle, or to initiate a battle.
        What I am not sure how to do, is get the weapon from the players
holding position and transfer it into the inventory of the person being
attacked (thought about just junking the item, but thats not that
realistic). I looked at how do_give and do_remove work, but do_give has
the actual messages of giving an item to someone in the give_obj function
(or whatever it is that is called in do_give), and oviosly, You don't want
to throw an item and then have a message saying "<person> gives you a
Lance of Death" or something... any help on the easiest way to proceed?
                                        Nitelite