Re: [newbie] Changing basic value from stock

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 08/01/97

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Zizazat Lazuras wrote:

> > 4) *if possible* a WAIT/DELAY when casting spells, so that casting a HIGH
> > DAMAGE spell would take more than one round, and thus give enemies a
> > chance to fight back without being killed in 2 rounds.

Add a new define to the spell structure:
  byte spell_delay;     /* Use a byte because you're not likely to want
                         * anyone to wait more than 255. If so, switch to
                         * int.
                         */

  Then, to all your spello() defines in mag_assign_spells
(spell_parser.c), at the end just add a space for the spell_delay. Nice
and easy.

Then use:
  WAIT_STATE(ch, PULSE_VIOLENCE * spell[spellnum].spell_delay);

should work.

Rasdan

  I have done so much,
  with so little,                         James C. Thomas Jr.
  for so long,                                 Rasdan
  That I can do anything                Head Coder of Finality!
  with nothing.