Re: [newbie] Scan command

From: Adam Beytin (mbeytin@UMD5.UMD.EDU)
Date: 08/02/97

> Well, I was just wonderin if there was already code out there for what i
> was thinkin of.  I have seen so many Scan commands similar to that, that
> i thought that there would be something out there already.

Yeah, well there is something like that out there, in many places, just
not in the form of snippets.  If you've seen it before, it can't be too
tough to duplicate.., why don't you TRY and, if you don't find the
snippet, just do it yourself.

Generally, if I'm looking for something, I make it myself.  The only
snippets, patches, etc I ever use are ones that I just happened to see
that I found interesting when going through the snippets sites.., except
for OLC.

OBCircle:
BTW, I HATE olc's system.., I'm thinking of redoing the way ppl save, lots
of things.  The online editor on a mud I am just a demi-god on has a very
interesting, very well working system.  Each player has their own personal
files, so they can save the .wld, .mob, etc files they are working on in
their directories, and if you want it added to the world, just talk to the
area wizard and he'll add it to the database.  It's a very good system,
and it looks much better than oasis..
I might use that idea for saving, it shouldn't be too tough..

Anyone have any thoughts?